Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wedding Planning

I find it necessary to just blog about all the wedding planning that's been going on over the last year. Not to gloat or draw attention to it, but simply to know and remember how hectic this time has been when I look back at this time in our lives in the future. This blog has been dedicated to the everyday happens of our time here in HK and the journey God's brought us on, and I have to say that getting married (at least the planning of it) has been an everyday process.

We've come a long way in a year's time. This time last year, we were still in Vancouver. I was winding down my time at Cornerstone Christian Academy and Michelle was TOCing and teaching piano. I was finishing up my duties as a deacon and starting to organize my life into boxes to be loaded into my van and a suitcase for the airplane. Little did we know that the next year would be a whirlwind of changes- of new schools, pedagogy, culture, and home. We have learned to befriend change as much as he likes to be an enemy to our comfort and routines. It has probably been the most consistent part of our lives here in HK. There is a perpetual drive to adapt and to be stretched. We trust this is all from God for our growth.

Some days I forget that this is all worth it. Some days the intricacies of tradition and the fight to discern the expectations of others take its toll. But I'm happy to say that through this whole experience Michelle and I have grown closer and better though we can't wait for this all to be over. We just want to be married and be together and not have to decide who sits where and eats what.

I guess I should treasure this time because one day all these questions and planning will be about the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment