Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ball Hockey in Hong Kong


Alright, this post has been a long time coming. Since getting approval to start the ball hockey intramural club this year, I've been so excited to coach and prepare the boys (and two girls) for upcoming matches. We had one this week against ICS. So we decided to build a "shooter tutor" to help them practice their shots.

Ramus cutting the salvaged canvas from the school
Boys gluing the joints 



The Canvas was a discarded basketball pole protector



Zip-tying the canvas on the net




Add caption







Going for the competition








The first period was a 0-0 tie. We did well to force most of the play in the offensive zone. In the second, we tired a bit, but the students worked very hard. We let in a goal from a set passing play which was really nice, and lost the game 1-0. We had a chance to tie the game in the final seconds but hit the post. 



Bringing the sticks back to school.

All in all, it was a great first game of the season. We showed great strides by improving (last year we lost 8-2 or something). Looking forward to more games!


1 comment:

  1. Hey there I don't know if this is allowed but if you guys still play or have practices I'd like to see if I could join and help. My name is Joseph Kwan and I'm from Toronto, I'm staying in HK for the summer to intern as a chef. I've captained and coached a ball hockey team for 2 seasons. Let me know if there is any interest to even shoot a ball around.

    ReplyDelete