Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This is the best banana EVER

I've never been more touched to receive fruit, much less fruit from students. Usually kids give their teachers apples, right? Today I got a banana from my homeroom class from last year.




It came at the perfect time after being marauded by a parent during PT conferences on the weekend left me seriously questioning my own teaching competence and future. It's nice to know that some kids still care and appreciate the time and energy you spend on them. I always try to remember that recognition in our field is always just a bonus - we never work for it or chase it because if we left it to kids to affirm our motives we'll always be sorely disappointed. We teach because it's a calling. But the thank you's and bananas are nice bonuses.




So, thank you, 1C class. I love you guys too!

No comments:

Post a Comment