Monday, September 6, 2010

I am alive!

Hi everyone,

It's Michelle here! Yes...some of you are thinking, "She's actually alive!" It has taken me a while to write a blog! There are many reasons that I haven't blogged lately, first being tremendously busy trying to stay afloat for the first week of classes. Second, I haven't had time to really sit down and reflect. Third, I think I am a perfectionist and somehow, I need to create a written product that appeals to my audience. So when I think of writing a blog entry, it's a daunting task. Fourth, Tintin's blogs are amusing and he writes well.

Actually, the third and fourth reason is probably the real reason why I have pushed off blogging. But I should stop always thinking that I'm writing for others and just write for enjoyment and reflection. These two reasons are also why teaching has been busy and challenging. It's because I am indecisive at times as to what I want because I want to present the best lesson. But then, I end up wasting my time when it could have been used better to manage other tasks that are pressing. Worst of all, I end up with a mediocre lesson. Then, I don't enjoy it and my students won't enjoy it. So, the conclusion that I have learned is to just chill out and enjoy whatever I am doing - may it be blogging or teaching my students.

So, some of you are wondering, is she actually enjoying teaching? I am enjoying it, despite how much work and energy it demands from me. My students are great and they all speak their mind, which sometimes can be a headache. The staff is great and supportive. When I have time, I will post some photos of my classroom.

Anyways, when you remember me in prayers, pray that I would have the wisdom to teach clearly and love loudly to my students in my words and actions.


Love,

Michelle 

1 comment:

  1. haha! :) I liked, "My students are great and they all speak their mind, which sometimes can be a headache."

    aw, glad to get an update from you! don't stress about a mediocre lesson. the funny thing may turn out to be that only you thought that.

    Tintin does write well. And so do you! Can't wait to hear more from you soon! Will be praying for both of you! :)

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete